Please navigate though our related press releases by clicking on the related rab
Industry standards & more
The Maritime Safety Authority regulations determine the minimum safety equipment requested for all the vessels operation in the Red Sea. Boats are granted the license to carry passengers only if they meet the safety requirements.
It is also prohibited to use any kind of paint materials containing the chemical compound Tri-Butyltin (TBT). Only Anti Fouling chemicals that are environmentally friendly at sea are allowed. .
How to start a Diving business
Important information you need to know first
In Sharm el Sheikh there are no marinas and the existing jetties are utilized beyond
their maximum capacity. Therefore, the Governor of South Sinai has stopped licencing
boats since 1998.
Steps to follow
In the Red Sea Governorate, even though there is a similar ban in place, it is possible
to get boat licences after the approval of the Governor at his office in Hurghada.
- choose a diving destination open for new business
- establish an Egyptian company to run your activities
- fulfill the rest of CDWS/MOT requirements
- submit the following documents for CDWS for technical inspection
- company incorporation document
- commercial register
- Tax card
- technical manger qualifications
- if inspection is successful, pay CDWS one time registration fee + annual membership
fee and obtain a member ship letter & TVC
- submit 4.a, b, c, d plus membership letter and TVC to MOT for MOT inspection to
obtain final license