Featured Asked Questions

  • Q.1 | How do I apply for a CDWS card?
    • All diving and water sport industry staff need to complete appropriate application forms, pass an exam and provide proof of training, qualifications and insurance. Non Egyptian staff are also required to have a work permit. The forms can be downloaded here:

      Professional application form (A.02) (click here)

      Employee application (A.03) (click here)


      Full details of application requirements are on the forms.

  • Q.2 | Why do I need a CDWS card?
    • Without the professional ID card you will not be accepted onto local jetties and if you are found working without the card it will affect your employer and result in penalties.

  • Q.3 | What happens if during the year of my work permit I change employer?
    • You will need to first check with your current employer how this will affects your valid work permit. If the work permit continues for its full term you will need to ask your new employer if you may continue to use your current CDWS card. For any further questions please contact the membership department.

Latest News

CDWS salutes annulment of decree that allowed fishing in national park

CDWS salutes annulment of decree that allowed fishing in national park
Sun, 22 May 2011
Following the annulment of the decree that allowed fishing boats to fish in Ras Mohammed National Park, CDWS can confirm that at 8am this morning, all fishing boats had left the area.

Blue Magazine (Issue 8 )

Download View Online


  • Local time :
  • Feels like :
  • Wind :
  • Water Temperature :